We strive to make the Connecticut Medical Marijuana Patient process more convenient and accessible. This instructional video is a guide for both new and existing patients in Connecticut’s MMP. The video is intended to assist patients in navigating the initial registration process and annual renewal process in Connecticut’s Biznet portal.
Patient/Caregiver Initial Registration & Renewal Guide
- Attend your Physician / APRN Telehealth Consultation Appointment
- If your Physician qualifies you, they will register you within the CT Biznet System
- You will receive an automatic email sent to you requesting that you create a Biznet account, upload your documents and then make the $100 payment online.
- When you access biznet you will want to create a new account on the left. Once you submit your information; you will receive an email asking you to click and activate your account.
- Once activated – you can log in to the biznet system.
- Once in the system – click State Regulations, forms, etc…
- You will then click on Medical Marijuana Registration
- You will select “I am a Patient”
- You will see your profile information submitted by your physician / APRN. Please make sure to review the information and make sure it is correct.
- At the bottom select which dispensary you wish to register with. You can change dispensaries up to 4 times per year.
- Click “Save and Continue”
- On the next screen you will have to select which Proof of Identity document you will upload.
- The next page will ask you to select which Proof of Residency document you wish to upload.
- The next screen will have you upload these documents. We suggest you scan the documents directly to your computer or simply take a photo on your smart phone and email it to yourself. You can then download the images to your desktop. Be sure you title each document correctly. (ie. Tom Proof and Tom ID).
- Browse your computer for the file, select the correct one and click upload.
- Then browse and upload your proof of residency document to the site.
- Click Upload and the webpage will let you know that the files were uploaded correctly.
- Click next
- The following page will ask that you attest and certify to the MMP regulations and rules.
- Agree to all attestations and click next.
- The last page will ask you to select your payment form and enter your credit or debit card information.
- Once you click submit – the webpage will state that your application was received and will be reviewed. Please note it can take up to 3 weeks for the DCP to review and approve your application.
- For renewals – after payment is submitted you will receive a message stating that your renewal application was approved, and your new Temporary Registration will be emailed to you.
Upon approval of your application (patient or caregiver), you will be emailed the permanent medical marijuana registration certificate. You will not receive any registration certificate by mail.
Patients and caregivers can either cut out the registration certificate from the approval letter, present the entire approval letter or display the approval letter from their electronic device. It is recommended that patients and caregivers laminate any printed paper registration certificate to extend the physical integrity of the certificate.
As a registered patient and/or caregiver, you will be able to retrieve a copy of the current registration certificate by logging into your Biznet account and clicking the “Print MMP Certificate” button located above your personal information.
You and your caregiver (if applicable), must maintain your medical marijuana registration certificate along with a valid form of government issued photo identification. You must maintain both to purchase from a dispensary facility.
Please Note: Your certificate is valid up to one year from the date your physician certified you. It is in your best interest to complete the “Online Application” as soon as possible.