The initial appointment fee with an EZMEDCARD provider is $150, while renewal appointments are available at a discounted rate of $100.
There’s no specific list of medical conditions that you must have to get approved for a New York medical marijuana card. Instead, it’s your healthcare provider’s call to decide if medicinal cannabis can improve your life quality and health. You can browse our medical conditions pages to discover a variety of conditions that cannabis’s cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids might help alleviate.
We’ve simplified the process into four steps:
- Register with EZMedCard and consult with a New York-licensed healthcare provider on our secure telehealth platform. Create your EZMedCard account using a valid email address. Complete a short questionnaire about personal and health information and provide a photo ID (we’re required by law to confirm your identity). You’ll need a device (smartphone, computer, or tablet) with a stable internet connection and a functional camera for the consultation.
- Book an appointment or join the virtual waiting room. When the provider is ready, you’ll receive a text message. You’ll video chat with an EZMedCard healthcare provider (like a virtual doctor’s visit) who will assess your medical condition(s) and determine your eligibility for a New York medical marijuana certificate.
- Once approved, your provider will forward your details and medical cannabis certificate to the State of New York.
- At the dispensary, present your certification and a government-issued ID to purchase medical cannabis products.
You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a New York medical marijuana card. If you’re a caregiver, you must be 21.
Indeed, if you’re a New York medical marijuana patient, you can assign a caregiver. Moreover, those who require a caregiver (those under 18 or those incapable of providing informed consent as per New York state laws) have the privilege of designating up to five caregivers.
Starting from 2023, caregivers can be added whenever you want after the approving provider completes the patient’s state registration.
- For patients whose Certification Number* initiates with PC3, please contact the state at 888-626-5151 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, post-approval, and auto-registration.
- For patients whose Certification Number* begins with PC1 or PC2, caregivers can be managed through their my.ny.gov account.
*The Certification Number is located at the upper left of the patient’s certification.
No need for a separate state application to obtain a New York medical marijuana card. Your EZMEDCARD healthcare provider will send your information to the state once approved. You’ll then be able to download a certificate, which, together with a government-issued ID, can be shown to a dispensary budtender to buy medical cannabis products.
Start Your Journey to a Better Quality of Life
We provide assistance in making the certification process easy and convenient. Let us help you become a registered medical marijuana patient.